The Power3 – Hip Releases are for you if you sit at work, school, or home for long periods of time then quickly transition to your fitness routine, sports training, or relieving tension that you hold in the muscles of the hip or lower body. Your hips work with your core to initiate powerful and athletic movement. Whether you are pitching a baseball,
sprinting to the finish in a 10K, or out-jumping your opponent on the basketball court, the quality of your hip position and posture is vital. For those who simply love a long, productive day doing yard work and taking care of your home, this also allows you to prep and recover so that these important tasks don’t sideline you for the days following. This Power3 targets the hip flexion, extension, abductor, and external rotator muscle groups to release tension around the hip which improves posture and position of the hip, pelvis, and low back to assist you in making all of this possible.
Please watch the video for instructions to perform this MOBO release.
- Maintaining a grasp of MOBO while performing the releases can prevent or limit MOBO from slipping off the location.
- You can perform Box Breathing at each location to encourage release. (Box Breathing is when you breathe in through the nose with mouth closed for a count of 4, pause for a count of 4, slowly exhale through the nose for a count of 4, then pause for again for a count of 4). Then perform the press and move described.
- IMPORTANT: Avoid letting the end of MOBO move inward from that location towards the groin area to avoid putting pressure on vital nerves and vessels.
- Avoid putting the end of MOBO close to the tailbone (sacrum).
- Avoid putting directly on the hip bone (greater trochanter)
All of Power 3 – Hip Releases:
- Please do not use this Power3 – Hip Release if you have balance and or stabilization concerns that may put you at risk of falling.
- During the leg movements, avoid arching the low back and maintain a level pelvis.
- Always maintain pressure with MOBO and keep it parallel with the ground.
- Discontinue if there is any sharp or radiating pain.