The Quad Release is for those who sit for long periods of time, are recovering from lower body workouts from the day before, or are simply needing to give a little extra
attention to these important prime movers before training or your favorite activity. The quadriceps muscle group supports lower body strength, power, endurance and recovery. This muscle group crosses over both the hip and knee joints, therefore this release can improve your lower body, hip, and low back position and posture.
Please watch the video for instructions to perform this MOBO release.
- You are rolling the top of your thigh and Quad muscle group in two sections – the left half and right half. Avoid rolling the inside of the upper leg/thigh and outside of the upper leg/thigh.
- Keep the leg that you are rolling in an extended and relaxed position with your thigh facing up.
- Avoid rolling over the kneecap (patella).
- Avoid letting your thigh and knee rotate outward. This can put stress on your hip joint.
- Discontinue if there is shooting, zinging, or radiating pain of any kind.